Fall eTutoring at The University of Akron runs from August 26, 2019 – December 6, 2019.
To log in the first time, you will need to create an account.
1. Click the "Need an account" link on the left side of this page.
2. Enter the following information: first name, middle name, last name, and your UA email address (UA Net ID@zips.uakron.edu).
3. Your username will be your student ID number. If you are a College Credit Plus (CCP) Student, add a + symbol after your ID number (Example: 9999999+).
4. Create your own password. It must be at least 6 characters long.
5. After you have created your account the first time, you can log in with that username and password every time you visit.
If you have trouble logging in or forgot your password, please click on Forgot Password and follow the instructions, including entering your UA email address.
After you’ve filled out the “Forgot Password” form, please check your inbox for an email from eTutoringOnline. If you don’t see an email in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder and follow the directions in the email.
Trouble logging in? Please contact the UA Technology Help Desk at 330-972-6888.
eTutoring Resources include:
* Writing Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor (maximum 8 pages), ask for specific feedback, and receive your work back with a tutor's comments, usually within 24 to 48 hours (but sometimes longer during heavy submission periods). This is not a proofreading service. You may submit three drafts per paper. Cover letters, resumes, and scholarship essays are not reviewed on this platform.
*Live Tutoring allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment. LIVE Tutoring with tutors is available in the following subjects:
Anatomy and Physiology
Computer Programing 1 & 2
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word
Please Note: If you choose a LIVE session, colored tutor icons will show which tutors are online. Click on the name of the tutor you wish to work with. Mozilla Firefox is the preferred browser, which mustbe set to allow pop-ups in order for LIVE sessions to work.
* eQuestions allow you to leave a specific question - offline - for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours. eQuestions may be submitted for any of the subject areas covered.
Please note: eTutoring is NOT available for graduate coursework.
We hope that you find the eTutoringOnline support to be of great value to you in your courses. Best of luck in your studies this semester!
eTutoringOnline is made possible through the Ohio Department of Higher Education’s OhioLINK division. There is no cost for this service to institutions or students currently enrolled at one of the participating schools.